When it comes to responsible robotics and I, Elon Musk talks a good game. But he doesn’t walk the talk, says robot ethicist SCOTT ROBBINS. Here’s why that’s a problem.
by Mary Wareham
Instead of focusing on long term issues around AI and robotics, why not focus on more imminent concerns, asks Human Rights Watch’s MARY WAREHAM? Regulating autonomous weapons should be first on the list …
Boston Dynamics’ latest rev of its huge humanoid Atlas Robot has it doing backflips. But the real big here isn’t that it flips easily as it leaps from platform to platform. It’s how. By GINA SMITH
Robot waiters, robot dogs, robot fighters, robot sexpots: Everyone’s robot crazy at CES 2018 this year. Here’s the ultimate CES 2018 robot video collection.
PAL-V wants to be first in the world to circle the globe in a flying car. It’s a great publicity stunt, but you’ll still need $400K or more to get on the list for one.
Isaac Asimov’s Three Rules of Robotics fall apart in the real world. So why do some theorists insist on using them as the basis for ethical robot design? By SCOTT ROBBINS
by Rob Reid
In this episode of The After On Podcast, Rob Reid talks to filmmaker James Barrat about his new book, Final Invention. Listen here …
YuMi the Robot showed up in Italy last week to conduct Andrea Bocelli and the Lucca philharmonic. Here’s how engineers pulled it off.
- Ted Rall: Trump’s Space Force Desperately Needs a Space Wall [cartoon] March 15, 2018
- RoboPsych Podcast with Tom Guarriello: You Can’t Run and You Can’t Hide March 15, 2018
- Scott Robbins: Elon Musk’s Focus on Dystopian AI Detracts from the Real Threat March 14, 2018
- Mary Wareham: Want To Worry About AI? Then Worry About This … March 7, 2018
- Noel Sharkey: On The 10 Commandments of AI March 1, 2018
- Cathrine Hasse: What Robots Really Are February 25, 2018
- Barry Fitzgerald: How Long Before Humans Get Hawkeye’s Raptor-Like Vision? February 23, 2018
- Skydio: This Drone Will Track You Down Like a Dog [cartoon] February 22, 2018
- Teresa Heffernan: The Trouble with Jibo February 22, 2018
- RoboPsych Podcast with Tom Guarriello: Reskilling To Collaborate With Robots February 20, 2018
- Barry W. Fitzgerald: On Superheroes, Superhumans and Your Superpower Future February 19, 2018
- WATCH: Defying Skeptics, Australian Little Ripper Saves Struggling Swimmers January 23, 2018
- Boston Dynamics’ Atlas: Forget the Flips, Folks. The Critical Thing Is What Happens Next .. January 16, 2018
- Here’s The Ultimate CES 2018 Robot Roundup: Dogs, Sex Bots and All January 12, 2018
- Prosthetics Breakthrough Tech Lets This Amputee Pianist Play Again December 31, 2017